Friday, January 16, 2009

Super Sweet Pink Yummy Gluten Free Goodness

Today is the 10th birthday party of our middle child. She will be indulged with pottery painting, pizza for dinner, movie and popcorn, and five giggly girl friends staying the night. What fun!

I bought Pamela's gluten free white cake mix, added ground up dehydrated strawberries, because she insisted on a strawberry cake, and came up with this. They taste fantastic. I actually like them better than standard cake mix. They have a little more substance and seem more like a muffin than an airy cupcake.

So far we have tried Bob's Redmill chocolate cake mix and it turned out great too. Moist and chocolatey and you couldn't tell the difference. Warning: Don't eat the batter raw though---YUCK! It tasted like grass or something earthy. I think it was the fava bean flour. Yuck.

Namaste pancake mix is pretty good too. A bit thin, so next time I will add less water to the mix.

Well, gotta run to the store to get more food for this party. I have to find a gluten free pizza dough for tonight.

Post more pictures when the party is over. If I have enough energy!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment