Friday, January 16, 2009

Going Gluten Free

I have suspected for a while that one child in our home is gluten sensitive, intolerant, allergic or whatever you want to call it. I've known that I needed to do something about it. At least do an elimination test to see for sure. But, I've been a lazy mom. I know it is going to be a lot of work. I'm such an all or nothing kind of gal that I feel like I need to do all my research, planning and learning before I even start. I don't want to fail.

Reality tells me that there will be plenty of trial and error and that the learning will be ongoing. So, I'm jumping in with both feet. My prayer is that it won't be too difficult to make the switch for this child, and that we will find some answers and improve her health.

Thankfully I have a friend who is a step ahead of me on this journey and I can have local support.

I received a gift card for Christmas and got two cookbooks to help me out.



I already have a couple of favorite blogs about eating Gluten Free
Gluten Free Mommy
Gluten Free Gobsmacked
Gluten Free Girl

I'm sure it won't be long before I add to that list. I just love that I can find blogs on living gluten free. It makes learning so much more enjoyable to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment