Monday, February 2, 2009

Turkey Loaf Muffins

Sounds gross I know. But they turned out so good and the kids loved them.

I used:
1 lb of ground turkey
1/4 c ketchup
1/4 c tapioca
1 egg
seasoning: salt, pepper, thyme
I just shake some in, but probably about 1/2 tsp salt and thyme, and 1/4 tsp pepper.

Mix all together and squish a hand full into a sprayed muffin tin. One pound made about 7 muffins. I baked at 350 for about 40 minutes. Ten minutes before I topped each muffin with ketchup mixed with a little brown sugar and let it bake on. About a Tbs per muffin. Or just slather it on.

They were so very tasty and the perfect serving size. My only mistake was that I didn't make enough. I keep forgetting that we are a 2 lb family.

1 comment:

  1. Where they like a little meatloaf? And did they hold together well? They sound good, we use ground turkey alot. In my meatloaf and meatballs, I usually add cooked white rice and sticky rice flour. Takes some planning out and so I usually make extra meals at the same time. Yours sounds much easier and worth trying:)

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete