Friday, February 6, 2009

Testing

We went to the pediatrician yesterday to see about getting the Celiac panel test for daughter. He ordered it and recommended we go back on gluten for at least a week before getting the test. So last night we had pizza, today a donut and a cheese bagel. I know...not the healthiest options by far. But guess what....nothing so far. Not one tummyache. Now, I realize it may be a day or two for her to have a reaction.

After talking with a friend, who recommended her chiropractor who also does allergy testing, I have decided to give that a try before getting the blood test. We go in on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan- I am also trying gluten free right now.My mother and brother have celiac. I have never felt I had a problem with it but I had back surgery in december and that seems to ha ve set it off. I haven't been tested though so I am trying some of the recipes too.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog! Thecraftjunkieblog
    We have more in common than our puppies...my husband has Celiac Spru (gluten intolerance) too. What a journey. I've now marked your site to visit regularly. Thanks for creating it. Lot's of options out there these days.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete